What is the Telfair Teen Arts Council?
- The Telfair Teen Arts Council is a group of 10-20 high school students who represent teens at the museum.
- Members develop creative programming and coordinate community events.
- Meetings take place one or two afternoons per month during the school year, or as needed.
What are the goals of the Teen Arts Council?
- Plan, support, and promote teen initiatives at the Telfair and within the community.
- Design and execute one project, targeted at teens, that will be made available to the museum’s audience at large (past projects have included audio guides, gallery guides, curated exhibitions, etc.).
- Attend and participate in lectures, group discussions, artist workshops and leadership training.
- Serve as volunteers assisting with museum classes, public events and community programs.
- Explore the professional roles and functions of various museum departments.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for teens who:
- Will be high school juniors or seniors during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Are interested in being part of Telfair Museums.
- Are highly motivated and passionate about art and developing community projects.
- Are able to commit to attending meetings during the school year and assisting with occasional events.
Join the Telfair Teen Arts Council!
Telfair is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic high school students to become a part of our museum. The council is a leadership program that consists of 10-20 hardworking, creative teenagers who want to engage with art in their community. If this sounds like you, fill out an application.
Those selected for the Teen Arts Council will commit to regularly attending meetings during the school year. Members will also assist in conducting special events at the museum. Each member will enjoy a complimentary student membership and gain a behind-the-scenes understanding of how museums operate. The program will enhance students’ foundational knowledge of art history, museum work, and creative careers through workshops, lectures, and discussions with staff and artists.
Applicants must be high school juniors or seniors. Applications are accepted based on merit, including writing abilities, and completeness of application. Applications must be submitted by September 9, 2019 to be considered.
Contact Rachel Stayer at email@example.com or 912.790.8821 for more information.
- Completed application (with supplemental pages for question responses, if needed)
- Images of one to five recent artworks made by the student (optional).
Be sure you have included all items when submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send completed applications to:
ATTN Rachel Stayer – TAC Application
207 W. York St.
Savannah, GA 31401
Or send all items electronically to Rachel Stayer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘TAC application’
Teen Council is sponsored by St. Joseph’s/Candler.