Join Telfair Contemporaries
An active Telfair Museums Membership is required for eligibility to join/renew our Member Affinity Groups.
Telfair Contemporaries (TC) Membership Levels:
$100 TC Member Individual
$150 TC Member Dual
$250 TC Member Governing
$500 TC Member Sustaining
About Telfair Contemporaries
Telfair Museums is excited to announce the launch of a new member affinity group with a mission-based focus to support the growing modern and contemporary collection and exhibition programs.
This group, Telfair Contemporaries (TC), will engage directly with Erin Dunn, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art. Led by contemporary art enthusiasts, TC welcomes anyone with an interest in modern and contemporary art. TC members will share an enthusiasm for travel and meeting contemporary artists in their studio environments, contemporary art, and Telfair Museums, with a mission to promote the museum’s goals and its commitment to developing awareness, understanding, and appreciation of modern and contemporary art.
Telfair Contemporaries provides its members exclusive programs and educational opportunities, including studio visits with contemporary artists in Savannah and the region, day trips to attend exhibitions, and possible national travel opportunities. TC memberships raise funds to support lectures, artist opportunities, exhibition publications, and acquisitions for the expanding collection.
Possible upcoming TC events:
• Engagement with contemporary exhibitions and artists
• Regional studio visits
• Group visits to art galleries in Savannah
• Local studio visits
• Regional trips
• National trip
Telfair Contemporaries (TC) Membership levels:
• $100 TC Member Individual
• $150 TC Member Dual
• $250 TC Member Governing
• $500 TC Member Sustaining
* $250 Minimum level for current Telfair Museums’ Trustees
TC benefits will include:
• Co-host and attend, with special Member Pricing, Fall and Spring Telfair Museums events
• Subscription to Telfair Contemporaries quarterly e-Newsletter
• Invitations to select private previews of Telfair exhibitions and programs
• Curator-led tours of contemporary exhibitions
• Invitations to regional studio visits
• Invitations to contemporary artist lectures with opportunities to meet the artist
• Group travel opportunities
TC memberships will support:
• Acquisitions of contemporary art
• Artist opportunities (residencies, memberships, commissions)
• Exhibition-related publications
• Lectures by contemporary artists
For more information, contact:
Rana Edgar, Director of Development, 912.790.8865, email@example.com
Nick Cave (American, b. 1959); Soundsuit, 2012; mixed media including beaded and sequined garments, fabric, metal, and mannequin; museum purchase with funds provided by Mr. and Mrs. Robert M. Levy, Susan Willetts and Alan K. Pritz, Cathy and Philip Solomons, Diane and Ed Schmults, Pamela L. and Peter S. Voss, Jan and Lawrence Dorman, Friends of African American Arts, Dr. William Goldiner, Dr. David M. Hillenbrand, Rosaleen Roxburgh, Ted and Linda Ruby, Marti and Austin Sullivan, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Young, and the Jack W. Lindsay Acquisition Endowment Fund, 2017.6.a-b
Join us for these exciting Telfair Contemporaries events!