Telfair Museums is pleased to offer visitors to Savannah group tours at special rates. Please see below for more information and contact us if you have any questions.
Self-Guided Group Tours
Groups can independently browse the permanent collection and special exhibitions at the Jepson Center and Telfair Academy at their own pace. For your convenience, we offer suggested itineraries for visitors interested in art, history, and those who are visiting with families. Please note that group tours at the Owens-Thomas House and Slave Quarters are limited and require advance reservations.
Docent-led Group Tours
Groups can also learn about Telfair Museums’ permanent collection or special exhibitions with tours led by docents, volunteer museum guides trained to enhance the educational experience of our visitors. Patrons will be encouraged to look closely, think creatively, develop personal interpretations, and share in group discussion. Guided tours require reservations three weeks in advance.
- The Featured Exhibition Tour explores the works of art in the museum’s current featured exhibition.
- The Collection Galleries Tour take a tour of the museum’s collection highlights at the Jepson Center or Telfair Academy
- The Architecture Tour looks at the historic architecture of Telfair Museums, examining the buildings designed by Moshe Safdie and William Jay.
Want something else? Let us know what you are interested in and we will do our best to accommodate your request!
Group Rates may not apply during special exhibitions.
Minimum group size: 10
Maximum group size: 60
- Telfair Academy or Jepson Center self-guided – $9
- Telfair Academy or Jepson Center with Docent Guide – $11
- Telfair Academy and Jepson Center Docent-Guided – $17
- Owens Thomas House – call for pricing, by reservation only, limited availability
Special curator tours can be arranged for an additional fee.
Special Group Perks
We offer complimentary admission to each escort per group and group tour planner with a group.
We offer a 10% discount in our Jepson store the day of your tour (excludes sale and consignment items).
More Than Just a Tour
Check out these unique group offerings! 15-person minimum for each; call for pricing.
Wine Tasting in the Rotunda
The Rotunda Gallery is the result of an 1883–1886 renovation that transformed the Telfair Mansion into an art museum and evokes the grandeur of a nineteenth-century European salon. Surround your group with magnificent late nineteenth-century classical art and culture while tasting six different flavors of wine with unique blends of fruits from a locally owned and operated winery of the Southeast. After your wine tasting experience, enjoy the art inside the first public art museum in the South!
Wine and Canvas in the Jepson Center
Enjoy a delightful lunch with wine in the contemporary Jepson Center while expressing your individual talents on a 3×3″ canvas. While your artwork dries, you will enjoy one of the museum’s featured exhibitions.
Kids Activities: Cookies and Canvas, Pizza and Paint
Bring your creative kiddos to the Jepson Center for a fun afternoon of artwork with lunch! After they have created their own masterpiece, they will explore the Jepson Center’s contemporary TechSpace and ArtZeum.
- The Telfair Academy and Jepson Center for the Arts are fully accessible to all visitors.
- All tours can be adapted to accommodate your group.
- When making reservations, please notify your Tourism Relations Sales Manager if your group has special needs.
- With advance notice, we can provide a sign interpreter for the hearing-impaired.
- Sign interpreters are also provided for various Telfair education lectures.
- Touch Tours for the visually-impaired can also be arranged in advance.
- Read even more information on our Accessibility & Policies »
To book group tours contact Ginger Graham, Sales and Tourism Manager, at 912.790.8822.
Information about school tours can be found here.
Information for motorcoach tour operators can be found here.
*Please note: All other discounts, Free Family Days, Museum memberships and promotions do not apply to group admission rates or docent tours. Rates are subject to change. Payment and Cancellation Policy: Final headcount and payment are due two weeks in advance for group tours. No refunds/exchanges will be given with less than one-week advance cancellation. No refund/exchanges will be issued if attendance decreases less than one week before the tour.