Filming & Photography Info
Telfair Museums is excited to support film and photography in our beautiful museum spaces!
We reserve the right to approve any scene in which the interior or exterior of our buildings is included. We also may decline involvement in any project. We ask that all projects be submitted in advance and in writing; in-person requests or requests without advanced notice will not be considered.
Pricing varies by project.
- Letter of Intent
- A Letter of Intent for all filming and photography requests must be submitted in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the desired date of filming/photography. Please submit to Lesley Hail at email@example.com.
- The Letter of Intent must include:
- A complete breakdown of all shoot specifics, including number of crew members, proposed schedules, all requested locations, and equipment to be used.
- For commercial photography, information on the product, client, and storyboard of shoot is required.
- For film and television shoots where Telfair Museums’ sites are featured, Telfair requires a copy of script pages or storyboard of the scenes to be shot.
- Any other requests (additional space locations for crew, etc.) must be listed in the Letter of Intent.
- A diagram/map documenting the details of the shoot must be included.
Telfair Museums can best accommodate filming during its closed hours on Tuesday & Wednesday. Shoots may occur within the following parameters, based on availability and the museum’s discretion:
- Jepson Center: Shoots must be completed and equipment removed before 12pm.
- Telfair Academy: Shoots must be completed and sets removed before 1pm.
- Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters (exterior and garden only): Shoots must be completed and sets removed before 12pm.
Any shoots occurring over multiple days, overnight, or at times other than those mentioned above are subject to additional fees.