Skip to main content
The Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters will be closed from 10:00am – 1:00pm on February 14th, 15th, 21st, and 22nd for school tours. The site will reopen to the public at 1:00pm with guided tours until 4:15pm. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We’re growing! ArtZeum is permanently closed to make room for Telfair Children’s Art Museum, opening this Summer!
Loading Events
Frederic Church, Collector: Lecture & Reception

Melchers members are excited to host & welcome Director’s Circle Members to join them for a special lecture by Dr. William L. Coleman on the personal art collecting of Hudson River School landscape painter Frederic Edwin Church (1826-1900), a contemporary of Mary Telfair and Carl Brandt. From 2019–2022, Coleman was Director of Collections & Exhibitions at The Olana Partnership, the non-profit organization tasked with preserving the historic house museum and landscape situated on Church’s estate.

Melchers members and Director’s Circle members contact Calli Laundré at laundrec@telfair.org or 912-
790-8807 to register by January 25.