|Position:||Visitor Services Manager|
|Reports to:||Director of Operations|
|Job Classification:||Full-Time, Exempt|
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day Front Desk operations at the museum’s three sites in order to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service to all visitors and increase earned revenue from admissions and membership sales. This position serves to constantly review the entire visitor experience and ensure the museum’s visitors receive the best experience possible.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Oversee day-to-day work of front desk operations by providing direct, on-the-floor support of the visitor experience. Supporting front desk staff as needed and serving as the authority for customer service issues that arise on-site.
- Ensure that front desk staff and volunteers provide excellent customer service to visitors at all three sites.
- Responsible for communicating information, including upcoming programs, marketing campaigns, and messaging to all Front Desk staff in a timely manner to ensure implementation of new or revised policies, procedures or general information.
- Coordinate with Finance office to ensure that established financial controls are in place and all Front Desk staff are trained in financial procedures.
- Maintain and update recorded telephone information for the museum. Ensure phone messages are handled or directed to the appropriate person within 24 hours of receipt.
- Collect and distribute visitor satisfaction data and comment cards to appropriate staff for resolution.
- Attend all monthly staff meetings and weekly function form meetings, serving as the Front Desk contact for all events, groups, and the like.
- Stay in contact throughout each day with the Owens-Thomas House admissions desk for updates on tour times and sales volume; communicating this info to the other front desks as needed.
- Verify all memberships (new, renewals, changes, etc.) that are received at the front desk are entered into Altru accurately and completely.
- Monitor various survey kiosks; reboot when needed.
- Continually look for ways to increase efficiency and flow for the visitor experience and internal processes and make recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Monitor and review wayfinding, information and other signage for clarity and ease of visitor usage. Coordinate any changes with Director of Operations and Creative Director.
- Monitor and order all Front Desk supplies. Ensure all marketing collateral at each site is up-to-date and attractively displayed.
- Cover breaks, lunches and shifts as scheduled.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum three years of supervisory/management level retail, hospitality, concierge or front desk experience.
- Minimum three years of excellent customer service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Proficient in technology and computers and software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Blackbaud Altru a plus.
- Absolute attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a diverse groups.
- Ability to calmly and professionally handle stressful situations and customer complaints.
- Ability to multi-task; function in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Exhibit professional manner and dress at all times.
- Desire to educate visitors about the historical significance of Telfair Museums
- Work as a team player.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are required as well as occasional evening shifts.
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping reaching and climbing stairs.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry objects distances, up and down stairs.
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resumé will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our Job Opportunities web page for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.