|Application Deadline:||May 15, 2019|
|Reports to:||Senior Curator of Education|
Purpose and Goals:
Telfair Museums offers a unique learning and employment opportunity to high school students to foster the development of future museum and arts leaders. This internship is intended for an outstanding rising junior or senior who is a member of a group that is currently under-represented in these professions: individuals of African-American, Asian, Latino or Hispanic and Native American descent.
This is a competitive application. The one student chosen will gain exposure to professions at Telfair Museums, working primarily with the education department by assisting with in-house and outreach programming, marketing, evaluation, and administrative support.
Applicants are required to commit to 10 per week. Hours may be adjusted if more hours are needed for education events. Internship hours will take place during normal office hours in the Education Department: 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, with the possibility of one to two weekend events.
Candidates applying for internship must:
- Be a high school student in Chatham County for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be a member of a minority group to include: individuals of African-American, Asian, Latino or Hispanic and Native American descent
- Financial need is strongly considered
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work with diverse learners of all ages
- Ability to stand or sit for 3–4 hours a day
- Sitting, bending, stooping, walking, reaching
- Climbing stairs (occasionally)
Students interested in an internship at Telfair Museums should send the application form by mail or email by March 15, 2019.
Submit applications by emailing all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing them to:
P.O. Box 10081
Savannah, GA 31412