Interested applicants should send a completed application, cover letter, and résumé/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Reports to:||Director of Retail Operations|
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Museum Store Daily Operations Manager is responsible for understanding and assisting the Director of Retail Operations in the operation of the three Telfair Museums stores. Responsible for managing the Jepson Center store and filling in for store staff at other locations when needed. Also responsible for understanding the POS system (Retailpro) and basic operations of Altru (admissions) system. This position is responsible for managing the retail department in the Director of Retail Operation’s absence.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the opening and closing procedures (change in cash drawer, startup of POS systems, changing backup tapes; closeout of workstations, deposit prepared and secured for banking, lockup and setting alarms.)
- Responsible for store and admissions deposits; get change from bank as needed
- Maintain all daily operations: restocking, unpacking and pricing of items received and proper merchandising of inventory on sales floor or in storage
- Assist in planning, organizing and facilitating museum store events and sales
- Direction and supervision of sales transactions by sales staff and volunteers
- Responsible for merchandising the Jepson Center store
- Pack and ship outgoing orders for UPS pickup and returns
- Order and restock paper and operating supplies
- Provide accurate daily sales reports from Retail Pro
- Take, order, process and place special order items from the vendor; track and follow up order until item is received by customer. Handle any damages or mistakes on order.
- Provides coverage selling museum tickets using the Altru system the Telfair Museum sites on an as-needed basis
- Train store staff on Retail Pro and Altru System for ticket sales
- Assists Director of Retail Operations with ordering merchandise for the three museum sites
- Keep track of vendor/inventory information and organization of files
- Assist the Director of Retail Operations with annual inventories of the Owens-Thomas House and Jepson Center
- Special events as needed (Store, Visitor Services or Operations)
- Responsible for excellent customer service
- Set store staff sales goals and track daily sales results
- Handle problems such as returns or other customer satisfaction issues with diplomacy.
- Responsible for preparing daily staffing schedules for store.
- Recruit and interview store staff/volunteers as needed and assists Director of Retail Operations with new employee selection.
- Train and supervise both paid and unpaid staff in daily tasks.
- Reports to Director of Retail Operations regarding staff performance
- Responsible for scheduling and supervising weekend or evening staff for special events
- Cash and inventory control
- Maintain store appearance and report maintenance needs to Facilities Department
- Knowledge of phone systems and transferring calls correctly.
- Other tasks as the Director of Retail Operations deems necessary
- Tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or the Visitor Services Manager
Minimum Skills and Education
- High School diploma; college degree a plus
- Two years of experience in retail sales and management a plus
- Experience with full POS systems, Microsoft Office, MS Outlook, basic computer functions and able to solve minor computer glitches
- Experience training and leading staff
- Experience with physical inventories
- Knowledge of special order items and procedures, including proper forms and shipping charges
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including special events on evenings and weekends.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle cash transactions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience merchandising a sales floor.
(Carrying, lifting, walking, sitting, reaching, standing, etc.)
- Lift and carry up to 40 lbs.; short distances and up/down stairs
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching; climbing a ladder
- Climbing stairs frequently during the work day; standing for extended periods
- Walking on uneven surfaces
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resumé will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our Job Opportunities web page for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.