|December 19, 2023
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Membership Manager will be an energetic relationship builder with a demonstrated record of success in philanthropic giving. The position will develop and facilitate the solicitation and renewal cycle for general memberships and affinity groups for the museum, ensuring the highest level of member and donor satisfaction, identifying upgrade opportunities, cultivating entry level philanthropic support, and improving retention in all programs. The Membership Manager will create and implement strategies for the retention of existing members and recruitment and cultivation of new members in collaboration with the Development team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Implement fundraising plan by leading recruitment of general members and member affinity groups.
- Develop, implement, and manage onsite membership sales program to recruit new members and renew and upgrade existing members, including setting, reaching, and reporting on membership goals.
- Track membership statistics through data entry in Development database; acknowledge new and renewed memberships through data entry in database as well as physical and digital mailings.
- Identify and conduct independent research on prospects as potential sources of funding for specific projects.
- Prepare a variety of reports including a weekly report for the Development team, donation giving history and prospect status using museum’s constituent and gift tracking database.
- Assist in data entry of gifts and event registrations.
- Assemble materials and packets for various meetings and donor cultivation.
- Provide administrative, project, and event support (taking lead on member and affinity group check-in process).
- Manage content and send affinity group newsletters.
- Independently write and edit letters to acknowledge new and current donors and acknowledge donations.
- Effectively work as an integral part of the Development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education:
- A bachelor’s degree required in professionally appropriate field.
- At least four years’ membership, development, or fundraising experience
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to write and speak to diverse audiences.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Experience working in Altru, or a similar donor database.
- Extreme attention to details
- Strong organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proactive work ethic: able to initiate and coordinate detailed work with colleagues.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Sitting, standing occasionally for long periods of time, extensive use of computer and associated keyboarding, repetitive motion, reaching, climbing stairs, and walking.
- Climbing stairs repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, some late evenings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Telfair Museums offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please provide the following as part of your application:
Complete resume, references, and including salary expectations.
A cover letter addressing both your interest in Telfair Museums and your qualifications for this position.
Indicate “Membership Manager” on the subject line of the email or in the body of the cover letter.
Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at email@example.com.
Mailed applications: Telfair Museums, Attn: HR, PO Box 10081, Savannah, GA 31412.