|Date Posted:||August 2, 2019|
|Reports to:||Director of Marketing and PR|
Scope of Position:
The Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for many of the day-to-day public relations tasks, initiatives/projects for Telfair Museums’ three sites. Reporting to the Director of Marketing/Public Relations, the Coordinator is also responsible for the execution and delivery of all types of media interaction (paid and earned) and exposure, and for supervising department Interns/volunteers.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and distributing up-to-date Media Lists for print, TV, radio, selected freelance, and selected Internet news media outlets, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Ensure media contact lists are up-to-date.
- Assist with paid advertising.
- Work with graphic designer on the trafficking of ad schedule.
- Responsible for accurately populating all area events calendars before calendar deadlines. This includes websites, television, radio, and other appropriate community outlets. Write and/or issue press releases under the guidance of the PR Director.
- Coordinate public relations activities ranging from interviews to press conferences, events, and social platforms. Distribute press releases, media alerts and statements to media list.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Conduct research to support PR planning.
- Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics.
- Create or collaborate with staff on articles, press releases, and blogs.
- Create PowerPoint presentations.
- Research, build and maintain community outreach relationships.
- Represent Telfair Museums at Savannah Community/Business events; strengthen relationships with business/community/media.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training and supervising department Interns or volunteers.
- Responsible for the timely distribution of flyers and other literature to community outreach partners, retail, college locations and all grass roots efforts.
- Ensure the timely and accurate tracking and payment of department invoices and billing statements.
- Provide assistance to Director of Marketing as needed.
Skills and Attributes
- 1-2 years (paid) relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Meticulous follow-up and attention to detail/strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others/strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (a plus)
- Website CMS experience
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Understanding social media platforms
- BA in Communications/Marketing or related field required
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and its premises.
- Moves intermittently during working hours; walking, standing, stooping, sitting, climbing stairs
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resumé will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our Job Opportunities web page for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.