Full-Time HVAC Technician
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to Buildings Curator, Sonja Wallen, at email@example.com to apply.
Serious inquiries only.
|Date Posted:||October 14, 2022|
|Reports to:||Buildings Curator|
Scope of Position:
Telfair Museums seeks individual with at least 3 years of service and maintenance experience on HVAC and other refrigeration mechanical systems. Familiarity with HVAC computer control systems required, and opportunities for additional training will be offered. Responsibilities include preventative maintenance on 9 large air handlers, 60 fan coil units, 6 pumps, 5 humidifiers, 16 split system units, and 5 mini-split units. Three chillers and 2 gas boilers will be service by outside vender. Specific duties include filter orders and changes, belt changes, stock parts and supplies, monitoring control alarms, keeping drains and pans clear, inspections and repairs to equipment and insulation, descaling humidifiers, troubleshooting a variety issues within the equipment and control system at the three sites and making low to mid-level repairs. Responsible coordinating service calls with outside vender, tracking and documenting in-process and outstanding repairs. 40-hour work week but some after hour work may be necessary. Reports to Buildings Curator. Competitive salary.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ordering parts and supplies
- Monitoring control alarms
- Keeping drains and pans clear
- Inspections and repairs to equipment and insulation
- Descaling humidifiers
- Troubleshooting issues within the equipment and control system at the Telfair Academy, Jepson Center, and the Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters
- Coordinating service calls with outside vendor
- Tracking and documenting in-process and outstanding repairs
Skills and Attributes
- 3 years of service and maintenance experience on HVAC and other refrigeration mechanical systems
- Familiarity with HVAC computer control systems
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resumé will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our Job Opportunities web page for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.