|January 7, 2021
Scope of Position:
Telfair Museums offers a unique position as an on-staff HVAC service technician for their three notable museum buildings located in downtown Savannah. HVAC Technician will service, troubleshoot, and repair a wide variety of HVAC systems, from large air handlers, boilers, water pumps, split system units to fan coil units and mini-splits. The HVAC Technician will also have access to the latest Siemens automation program, with some professional training on the program offered.
A qualified candidate should have at least five years of service and maintenance experience in HVAC and other refrigeration mechanical systems. Familiarity with HVAC computer control systems required. This position is a full-time, 40-hour workweek, but some after-hour work may be necessary. Telfair Museums offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, and paid vacation and holiday schedule. Paid downtown parking also included. Serious inquiries only.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ordering parts and supplies
- Monitoring control alarms
- Keeping drains and pans clear
- Inspections and repairs to equipment and insulation
- Descaling humidifiers
- Troubleshooting issues within the equipment and control system at the Telfair Academy, Jepson Center, and the Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters
- Coordinating service calls with outside vendor
- Tracking and documenting in-process and outstanding repairs
Skills and Attributes
- 3 years of service and maintenance experience on HVAC and other refrigeration mechanical systems
- Familiarity with HVAC computer control systems