|Application Deadline:||May 1, 2020|
|Reports to:||Studio Programs Manager|
Purpose and Goals:
We are looking for 2-3 assistant instructors with experience working with children in a formal or informal setting. An assistant Drop-in Studio instructor at Telfair Museums has a warm, friendly, and energetic personality. They are highly creative and interested in developing their teaching practice. Most importantly, they can connect with children and families and create a safe, respectful, and joyful + imaginative experience for all.
Assistant Drop-in Studio instructors have the ability and desire to develop strong relationships with families and kids. First and foremost, they always prioritize safety and respect for all children. They are always present and focused on this. They are sensitive, caring, and committed to making every child’s camp experience wonderful.
Assistant Drop-in Studio instructors’ prep and clean up from class in a timely, organized way. They play a hugely important role in preparing materials and organizing the environment for the children at the beginning and end of the day and throughout. They assist with summarizing the day’s experiences for parents and caregivers through a variety of platforms.
The assistant instructor works closely with the lead instructors to develop their teaching practice and is willing to learn and implement philosophy, strategies, and methods for working with children as directed We welcome mature students for this position!
Part-time available on weekdays and weekends from 1-4pm
Candidates applying for internship must:
- Be a rising high school senior or currently enrolled in a college/university
- Experience in Art or Crafts and working with children
- Must be very independent and a self-starter
- Highly motivated, good problem solver, and detailed-oriented
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to stand or sit for 3-4 hours a day
- Sitting, bending, stooping, walking, reaching
- Climbing stairs (occasionally)
Students interested in an internship at the Telfair Museums should send the following materials together in one package within the specified deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Applications or letters of reference received after the due date will not be considered.
- Application (available on the website)
- 1-2 letters of recommendation (forms available on website)
- Statement (1 page) explaining your reasons for applying to Telfair Museums’ internship program. The statement should include:o What you hope to gain from the experience,
o What you feel you can contribute to your chosen department,
o How this internship experience will impact your education and career plans.
Interested applicants should submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the internship position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know that we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our website for an up-to-date list of employment.