Support real expenses at Telfair Museums by donating now!
If you prefer to make a donation over the phone, please contact Molly Taylor at (912-790-8865 or via email at email@example.com. Checks may be mailed to Development Department, Telfair Museums, P.O. Box 10081, Savannah, GA 31412. Thank you for supporting Telfair Museums!
Support Telfair’s Education and Outreach programs:
- $25 will bring 5 public school students into the museum through our 4th grade program, which has been running since the 1920s.
- $50 will help pay for one week of art materials for offsite Veteran’s Programming, which occurs weekly. The Vets meet at the VA clinic three times a month with an instructor paid by Telfair, and they come to Telfair once a month to see an exhibition and make art in the studios.
- $100 will pay for 20 underserved Head Start children to see an exhibition, learn about art, and make their own creative project in the Jepson Center’s studios.
- $200 will fund a scholarship for a deserving child to attend a week of summer art camp, with all ages and types of camp available. Examples from past summer camp include: Pre-K Camp, Art with the Pros, Video Game Design, Photography, Everyone’s an Artist, and Drawing with Robots and Lights to name a few.
- $500 will underwrite tech classes for girls in underserved neighborhoods. Telfair is working with amazing local partners to expand our STEM (Science, Technology, Education and Math) offerings, with the help of Georgia Tech, STEM Middle School, Garrison Elementary and more.
- $1,000 will pay for a month of art supplies and the Drop-In Studio facilitator. Drop-In Studio is available every day that the museum is open from 1-4pm. Come in and make something creative!
- $2,500 will support a single free Family Day, typically attended by over 1,000 families and individuals. This is a core Telfair program and we are so proud of it. We serve over 10,000 children and adults annually through a wide variety of exhibitions and activities.
- $5,000 will underwrite the cost of new equipment and interactive art for our STEM-focused technology gallery, which will open in spring 2017. This will include display of works of art from Telfair’s permanent collection that are digitally based as well as work that has been borrowed from local partners, like SCAD’s Interactive Design and Physical Computing department. Telfair is moving into the 21st century with this gallery, as well as the Pulse Art + Technology exhibition that we host in January.
Support these projects at the Owens-Thomas House:
- Replace awnings – $6,000
- Mid 1990’s restrooms stucco repaired and repainted – $5,028
- Improved signage – $500
- Security cameras recently installed in main house – $539 w/$99 a year service fee
- HVAC upgrades for carriage house and bathroom (4 new fan coil units) – $24,000
- Roof replaced over bays on main house – $18,247
- Replace fountain pump – $450
- UV-film installed on all main house windows – $4,400
- Repairing, re-glazing, and painting main house windows – estimated at $29,000
- Finials to be replaced on fence – $550
- Hinge pin on gate to be repaired – $450
- Grates under carriage house to be replicated – $400
- Shutter dogs to be repaired – $2,000
- Interior faux graining – $3,000
- Conserve and restore forecourt garden wall – $10,000
- New carpet in main house – $5,000
- New, larger bike rack – $1,000
- Stucco and basement surface conservation, stabilization allowance – $20,000
- Paint analysis for slave quarters, basement, upstairs rooms – $12,000
- Faux graining of oak finish in parlor level hallway – $8,000
- Fountain repair, inside liner, and mortar repair – $1,000
- Restore stained glass in sidelights – $3,000