We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic high school students to become a part of our museum. The council is a leadership program that consists of 10-20 hardworking, creative teenagers who want to engage with art in their community. If this sounds like you, fill out an application. Deadline is May 29, 2015.
What is the Telfair Teen Council?
The Telfair Teen Council is a group of 10-20 high school students who represent teens at the museum. Members develop creative programming and coordinate community events. The Council meets every other week during the school year.
What are the goals of the Teen Council?
- Plan, support and promote teen initiatives at the Telfair and within the community.
- Design and execute one large project, targeted at teens, that will be made available to the museum’s audience at large (past projects have included audio guides, gallery guides, curated exhibitions, etc.).
- Attend and participate in lectures, group discussions, artist workshops and leadership training.
- Serve as volunteers assisting with museum classes, public events and community programs.
- Explore the professional roles and functions of various museum departments.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for teens who:
- will be high school students during the 2014-2015 school year.
- are interested in being part of Telfair Museums.
- are highly motivated and passionate about art and developing community projects.
- can make a nine-month commitment, including meetings twice a month and assistance with occasional special events.
Applicants must be high school students enrolled for the 2014-2015 school year. Applications are accepted based on merit, including writing abilities, completeness of application and/or outstanding teacher recommendations.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed application (with supplemental pages for question responses, if needed)
- Teacher recommendation (must be submitted separately for online applications)
For more information, contact Jill Luse at email@example.com.