What is the Telfair Teen Arts Council?
- The Telfair Teen Arts Council is a group of 10-20 high school students who represent teens at the museum
- Members develop creative programming and coordinate community events
- The Council meets for a two week summer intensive program, Monday-Friday, July 11-22, then one Friday per month during the school year.
What are the goals of the Teen Arts Council?
- Plan, support and promote teen initiatives at the Telfair and within the community
- Design and execute one project, targeted at teens, that will be made available to the museum’s audience at large (past projects have included audio guides, gallery guides, curated exhibitions, etc.)
- Attend and participate in lectures, group discussions, artist workshops and leadership training
- Serve as volunteers assisting with museum classes, public events and community programs
- Explore the professional roles and functions of various museum departments
Who should apply?
We’re looking for teens who:
- Will be high school juniors or seniors during the 2016-2017 school year
- Are interested in being part of the Telfair Museums
- Are highly motivated and passionate about art and developing community projects
- Can commit to the summer intensive program, monthly meetings during the school year, and assisting with occasional special events
Join the Telfair Teen Arts Council!
The Telfair is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic high school students to become a part of our museum. The council is a leadership program that consists of 10-20 hardworking, creative teenagers who want to engage with art in their community. If this sounds like you, fill out an application.
Those selected for the Teen Arts Council will commit to eleven months on the Council (July to May), including attending the summer intensive program, and monthly meetings during the school year. Members will also assist in conducting special events at the museum. Each member will enjoy a complimentary student membership and gain a behind the scenes understanding of how museums operate. The program will enhance students’ foundational knowledge of art history, museum work, and creative careers through workshops, lectures and discussions with staff and artists.
Applicants must be high school juniors or seniors enrolled for the 2016-2017 school year. Applications are accepted based on merit, including writing abilities, and completeness of application. Applications must be submitted by May 27, 2016 to be considered.
Contact Jillian Luse, School and Tour Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
- Completed application (with supplemental pages for question responses, if needed)
- Images of one-five recent artworks made by the student (optional).
Be sure you have included all items when submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send completed applications to:
ATTN Jillian Luse – TAC Application
207 W. York St.
Savannah, GA 31401
Or send all items electronically to email@example.com with subject line ‘TAC application’