This internship is unpaid. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their schools to receive credit. Telfair Museums does not provide travel, relocation, parking or housing assistance for interns. Internship time commitments vary with a minimum of eight (8) hours per week.
Owens-Thomas House — Telfair Museums, Savannah, GA.
Purpose and Goals:
The research intern will focus on collecting and organizing past and present materials relevant to the narrative of the Owens-Thomas House and Savannah’s Historic Landmark District into a searchable database that will support the research efforts of the Telfair Museums.
Applicants are required to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week. Hours may be adjusted if more hours are needed for school credit. Office hours at the Owens-Thomas House are 9am — 5pm Monday — Saturday.
This is an ongoing internship. Applications will be accepted until the internship is filled.
Candidates applying for internship must:
- Be a rising college junior senior currently enrolled in a college/university
- Be a graduate student
- Coursework in History, Architectural History, Preservation, or related field preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Primarily assist with research relating to an existing Owens-Thomas House Mapping Project.
- Assist with data entry and database management
- Maintain and organize archival data
- Be available two to three days per week
- Must be highly motivated and independent, a good problem solver, and detail oriented.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with typical research methods
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to climb stairs
Students interested in an internship at the Telfair Museums should send the following materials together in one package within the specified deadline. Students should indicate whether the internship will be used for credit. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Internship application (available on the website)
- Two letters of recommendation (forms available on the website)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of undergraduate or Graduate records with minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Official or unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- Personal letter explaining your reasons for applying to the Telfair Museums internship program. The letter should include:
- What you hope to gain from the experience
- What you feel you can contribute to the internship department
- How this internship experience will impact your education and career plans.
Submit Completed Applications To:
Human Resources Manager
Savannah, GA 31412
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the internship position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our website for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.