Title: Marketing/Public Relations Research Internship – 2017 Academic Year – Winter Semester
Application Deadline: November 30, 2016
Department/Location: Marketing/Public Relations – Jepson Center – Telfair Museums, Savannah, GA.
This internship is unpaid. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their schools to receive credit. Telfair Museums does not provide travel, relocation, parking or housing assistance for interns. Internship time commitments vary with a minimum of four (4) hours per week.
Purpose and Goals: The Marketing Intern will focus on research efforts that help Telfair Museums to better understand our guests’ experiences and inform how we create brand strategies for target demographics and improve the visitor experience. The evaluation will focus on measuring our audiences’ levels of awareness, satisfaction and affinity with Telfair Museums.
Time Requirement: Applicants are required to commit to six to eight hours per week, and two hours on Saturday/Sunday two times per month. Hours may be adjusted if more hours are needed for school credit. Office hours in the Marketing/Public Relations department are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Eligibility: Candidates applying for internship must:
- Be a rising college junior or senior currently enrolled in a college/university
- Be a graduate student
- Coursework in marketing/communications/research are preferred; theatre/performing arts
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Primarily assist with data collection including intercept interviews.
- Assist with data entry and database management
- Maintain records and draft reports of evaluation findings.
- Be available two to three days a week minimum. Weekend hours will be required once a month as well as an occasional evening. (Two hours on a Saturday or Sunday at least twice a month)
- Other marketing tasks as needed including flyer/poster distribution
- Must be very independent and a self-starter.
- Highly motivated, good problem solver, and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present a friendly, optimistic attitude and energetic personality is required and must be comfortable interacting with strangers.
- Ability to stand for 3-4 hours a day.
- Sitting, bending, stooping, walking, reaching
- Climbing stairs (occasionally)
Application Process: Students interested in an internship at the Telfair Museums should send the following materials together in one package within the specified deadline. Students should indicate whether the internship will used for credit. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Internship application (available on the website)
- Two letters of recommendation (forms available on the website)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Transcript of undergraduate or graduate records with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Official and unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- Personal letter explaining your reasons for applying to the Telfair Museums internship program. The letter should include:
- What you hope to gain from the experience,
- What you feel you can contribute to the internship department,
- How this internship experience will impact your education and career plans.
Submit Completed Applications To:
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 10081
Savannah, GA 31412
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the internship position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know that we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our website for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.