This internship is unpaid. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their schools to receive credit. Telfair Museums does not provide travel, relocation, parking or housing assistance for interns. Internship time commitments vary with a minimum of four (4) hours per week.
Department/Location: Historic Sites – Owen-Thomas House – Telfair Museums, Savannah, GA.
Purpose and Goals:
The historic research intern will assist in primary document research both on site and at other locations, i.e. Georgia Historical Society, City Archives, etc. This research will contribute to the reinterpretation of the Owens-Thomas House that is currently underway.
Applicants are required to commit to a minimum of eight hours per week. Hours may be adjusted if more hours are needed for school credit. Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017
Candidates applying for internship must:
- Be a rising senior or graduate student in history, anthropology, preservation or a related field.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Primarily assist with primary document collection from various sources
- Other tasks as needed
- Must be very independent and a self-starter.
- Highly motivated, good problem solver, and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to stand for 3-4 hours a day.
- Sitting, bending, stooping, walking, reaching
- Climbing stairs
Students interested in an internship at the Telfair Museums should send the following materials together in one package within the specified deadline. Students should indicate whether the internship will used for credit. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Internship application (available on the website)
- Two letters of recommendation (forms available on the website)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Transcript of undergraduate or graduate records with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Official and unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- Personal letter explaining your reasons for applying to the Telfair Museums internship program. The letter should include:
- What you hope to gain from the experience,
- What you feel you can contribute to the internship department,
- How this internship experience will impact your education and career plans.
Submit applications to Mary Nestor, Human Resources Director, Telfair Museums, P.O. Box 10081, Savannah, GA 31412 or email@example.com.
Submit Completed Applications To:
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 10081
Savannah, GA 31412
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the internship position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know that we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our website for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.