Interested applicants should send a completed application, résumé/CV, and contact information for three professional references. Submit all documents to the attention of Mary Nestor-Harper, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Digital Communications Coordinator
Date Written: December 2016
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Digital Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and is responsible for all digital communications activities of the museum, including the website, email marketing, social media, analytics, photography and video production. An integral member of the museum’s marketing team; he/she keeps abreast of trends and implements compelling digital communications initiatives to diverse museum audiences. He/she effectively coordinates and supports all other areas of the museum and the museum’s overall goals.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the museum’s website content and online listings are accurate and up-to-date. Publish, edit, and update website pages through the use of a CMS (WordPress). Ensure quality of webpages by copyediting, proofreading, ensuring consistent style and brand.
- Maintain museum web calendar
- Integrate and maintain e-commerce functionality (for membership sales, ticket purchases, and online store purchases) into museum website through third-party programs.
- Lead implementation and management of appropriate SEO and analytics tools to increase traffic to museum website.
Social Media (35%)
- Manage the Museum’s presence on all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube etc.). Post daily content on primary platforms. Keep up to date on all platforms and industry trends.
- Create and implement strategies to increase the number of fans/followers and to increase audience engagement on social media platforms.
- Develop engaging, thoughtful and relevant content strategy
- Ensures that the Museum’s social media channels remain responsive, innovative, collaborative and engaging. As needed, evaluates efforts and provides consul on when social channels should be retired and/or when new channels should be explored.
Online Advertising (10%)
- Make recommendations for online advertising budgets and venues, including online media, paid search, etc.
- Responsible for placement of paid advertising on social media sites
- Manage online advertising program, including placing ad buys and analytics.
Content Creation, Photography, Video, and New Media Projects (20%)
- Take photographs and video at all museum programs and events for use in multimedia projects (slideshows, video, podcasts). Maintain well-organized photo and video archive.
- Edit and produce video content for a variety of museum uses. Upload video content to museum website and other digital channels to build museum’s online presence.
- Design digital components for use Telfair.org, social media, eblasts, in collaboration or based on designs from the Creative Director.
- Assist in the conception, development, and management of various new media projects, such as smartphone apps, blogs, text messaging, new website development, etc. as well as emerging technologies.
- Created, develop and integrate content into social media strategy
Email Marketing (5%)
- Coordinate, edit, build, and distribute outbound email campaigns to support museum programs and initiatives, including monthly e-newsletters, membership and event promotion.
- Create and implement strategies to increase the size of email marketing list. Conduct routine maintenance and cleanup of email list.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports of website and digital communication statistics to relevant staff.
- Assist Director of Marketing and Public Relations with press releases and marketing events as required. Maintain digital press archive for marketing department.
- Assist and volunteer at museum events in areas as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned in support of the mission of the museum.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or digital media.
- Minimum two years’ work in marketing or related field required.
- Exceptional written communication skills with superior grammar and spelling, including the ability to produce compelling and concise copy for online media.
- Proficient with computers and the use of email, Microsoft Office, social media and electronic communication platforms, including WordPress. Ability to edit digital content through web markup and coding languages (html, css) a plus.
- Experience with Mail Chimp or similar service required.
- Strong knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and online analytic tools.
- Photography and intermediate-level video production/editing skills
- In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of social media platforms.
- Strong team player with a friendly and engaging style and the ability to interface at all levels in cooperation with a wide range of people, including Trustees, staff, representatives from the media and the community.
- Must be able to respond to fast paced social media environments and to evolving conversations online in real time.
- Organized self-starter able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work some flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Sitting, standing, and stooping.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. short distances, up and down stairs.
- Ability to carry and properly operate a variety of digital photographic and recording devices while walking, standing, stooping.