Interested applicants should fill out the application and send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Accounting Associate—Accounts Payable
Date Written: 05/19/2015
Reports to: CFO
Job Classification: Full-Time/Non-exempt
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
Job Summary and Key Objectives: The Accounting Associate/Accounts Payable is responsible for processing and reporting all invoices, preparing spreadsheets, petty cash and inventory for the three museum sites. Occasional night and weekend work is required during museum special events to provide accounting/payment support.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Sort, open and distribute invoices on a weekly basis
- Code and enter invoices for payables into accounting software
- Reconcile monthly credit card account bills; match receipts, and maintain files
- Generate and process weekly check runs and obtain required signatures
- Maintain and file paid invoices weekly
- Make journal entries for three Museum stores
- Order office supplies for the Telfair Academy
- Prepare Development deposits daily
- Prep accounting process spreadsheets, materials and payment equipment for Special Events; Special Event check in/Check out
- Maintain Admin office copier, fax and postage machines.
- Maintain accurate accounting files for all A/P processes
- Responsible for petty cash distribution and reconciliation
- Assist CFO in secretarial and administrative functions
- Prepare Job Reports for Departments
- Enter sales merchandise into Altru for the Academy
- Manage all online A/P vendor accounts
- Manage equipment leasing
- Manage Home Depot and Lowes accounts
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree or two-year certificate in accounting, bookkeeping or related subject preferred.
- One year of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, office management, banking or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Sage, (formerly Peachtree) or other accounting software.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent record keeping, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Job requires sitting at a desk for extended periods; standing, bending, lifting (20 lbs.), climbing stairs.
- Occasionally required to drive to off-site locations to obtain check signatures.
- Occasionally required to attend after-hours events, sitting, standing and operating credit card machines