Telfair Museums’ Internship program provides opportunities to become familiar with and actively contribute to the operation and inner workings of the Telfair Academy, Jepson Center and the Owens-Thomas House. Each internship offers a challenging learning experience and promotes awareness of museum careers. Students gain valuable experience working at the Museums and may earn educational credits for their work.
- Visitor Services/Museum Stores
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Buildings Curatorial/Historic Preservation
- Education and Public Programs
- Special Events
- Social Media
WINTER QUARTER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
SPRING SEMESTER/QUARTER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Education Internship
- Curatorial Internship
- Interpretative Internship
- Facilities Archiving Internship
The Telfair Museums internships program offers unpaid internships, for which students may be eligible to earn academic credit. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their schools to receive credit.
Telfair Museums does not provide travel, relocation, parking or housing assistance for interns. Internship time commitments vary with a minimum of four (4) hours per week.
Candidates applying for internship must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Be a rising college junior or senior currently enrolled in a college/university
- Be a graduate student
Students interested in an internship at the Telfair Museums should send the following materials together in one package within the specified deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Applications or letters of reference received after the due date will not be considered.
- Internship application
- Two letters of recommendations
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Transcript of undergraduate or graduate records with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Official and unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- Personal letter explaining your reasons for applying to Telfair Museums’ internship program. The letter should include:
- What you hope to gain from the experience
- What you feel you can contribute to your chosen department
- How this internship experience will impact your education and career plans
Deadline date refers to the date by which applications must be postmarked or received. Some internships have unique application deadlines that can be found in the individual internship descriptions below. If there is no application deadline within an internship description, please adhere to the following dates:
- Fall Semester/Quarter – June 15
- Winter Quarter/Spring Semester – November 1
- Spring Quarter – January 15
- Summer Semester/Quarter – March 1
Click the name to view and download.
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 10081
Savannah, GA 31412
In keeping with best practices, Telfair Museums does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. When you apply, your application/resume will be carefully reviewed in terms of the requirements for the internship position. Applicants identified as the most qualified will be contacted by the department manager for an interview. If you are not notified by the department manager, you will know that we have selected another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit our website for an up-to-date list of employment opportunities.